Monday, October 28, 2013

home : made:: clipboard photo wall


I wouldn't say I don't like blank walls, but when I see one, I always try to think of what can be done to make it more visually appealing.  This is especially true in our home, as we continue to empty boxes and finally stop painting!  I am pleased to report that over the weekend the very last living room wall was painted (happy dance!) but it left a blank space for me to fill.  Since I basically whitewashed the entire house to bring some brightness into it, I wanted something that could display some of my favorite colorful pieces of art and family photos, but also able to be changed with the seasons...I am SO non-committal when it comes to art.  Everything is inspiring, and I had stumbled across a few clipboard walls I liked on Pinterest (like this and this), so clipboards seemed like a good choice and it was a surprisingly quick project. 
 Supplies:: clipboards (found at Office Depot as a three pack for cheap!), laser level, clear push pins, tape measure, pencil, and pictures or other personal things you want to hang.

 1: After you decide where you want to hang your boards, I found it's easiest to put up the middle one first then work around it.  2: Mark your positioning with a pencil, insert a push pin,  then measure evenly to either side of the pin for the spacing between the boards, using the laser level as a guide. 3: Mark again with a pencil and insert your next set of pins. 4: With the laser level, determine how high or low you want your next set to go and mark again with a pencil and test to make sure it looks good. 5: Once you have your rows set, stand back, and admire your handiwork! Now it's time to decorate... 
 You can really just add whatever you like to get the look you want.  I plan on changing it often with family pictures, neat cards, and beautiful scraps of paper.  It's also great for the holidays with all the free printables that are out now!
I was so excited to come across this fall banner as a freebee that I changed up the usual pictures for something more festive.  I hope you try this somewhere in your home to bring a little whimsy to your decor! xo

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much! And I DIDN'T KNOW YOU BLOGGED!!!!!!!!!!!! I do too! HA! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete